A Future-Focused Faith| Hebrews 11:13-22
Shane Patrick | July 10, 2016
- What does it mean that faithfulness to God in this life requires of us a future-focused faith? How are you doing so far? Share your answers with your group.
- In your daily life, do you identify more as a citizen of this world (i.e., v.13, the earth), or as a citizen of the heavenly city that Hebrews 11:10, 16 speaks of? How does/should your answer impact your life day to day?
- In what parts of your life are your thinking and doing not regulated by your faith in Jesus, and what would it look like if you were to operate in faithfulness to God’s promises in those areas of your life? What would change, and how?
- According to today’s passage, what is required of us in order that we be counted among those: to whom God has given his name, and for whom God has prepared his heavenly city? Discuss your answer with your group.
- Pray that, as individuals and as a church, we would increasingly trust in God’s Word and promises, and that we’d increasingly live out a future-focused faith.
- Pray for those who aren’t yet Christians, that they’d respond to God’s grace, through faith in Jesus.