An Anchor For the Soul | Hebrews 6:13-20
Travis Tuttle | February 14, 2016
- When are you angry? When are you anxious? When do you escape? Are those underlying moments pointing to any idols in your life or areas where your hope is not in Jesus?
- Discuss what idols God may be exposing in your life by how you answer the following statements (adapted from Tim Keller’s “Counterfeit Gods”):
- “If I have _____, then I will feel my life has meaning, then I will know I have value, then I will feel significant and secure.”
- “If I am honest, ____ is more fundamental than God to my happiness, meaning in life, and identity.”
- Pray that God would show you any idolatry in your heart, and where your heart may be prone to hope and trust in anything other than him (Ps. 139:23-24).
- Pray that God would help you, and our whole church, to surrender any idols and to learn to trust in Jesus alone as the fulfillment of our hope.