Before Abraham Was | John 8:48-59
Aaron Gray | May 13, 2018
Jesus made radical claims during his earthly ministry: that he was God, and that he had power over death itself. Not only did these claims cause an uproar from those who first heard him, he still causes a strong reaction from hearers in our day.
- Why did Jesus’ claims cause such an uproar among his first hearers? How does he still cause strong reactions in our day?
- What problems arise if we only think of Jesus as human? What about if we only think of him as divine?
- How is it personally comforting to you to know that Jesus is fully human? And how is it comforting to know he is fully divine? What challenges you about either?
- How is God asking you to grow in your understanding of these truths so that you can share them with those who have yet to trust in Jesus?
- Pray that we would grow in our trust in Jesus as the eternal Son of God.
- Pray for courage and humility as we share these important truths with those in our lives who have yet to trust in Jesus.