Gideon's Downfall | Judges 7:24—8:35
Darren Larson | March 12, 2017
- Slowly read 2 Timothy 4:6-8 and discuss what happened in the narrative of Judges 7:24-8:35. Why did Gideon begin to take the battle against the Midianites into his own hands?
- Why is success so dangerous for our hearts and our lives in Christ? When have you experienced success before and did not give God the glory?
- Why does success so easily lead to pride? How can we battle pride when we are successful in business, in our leadership, and even in our morality?
- Since most of us will be “successful” in our lives, how can we learn to grow in our faith in the midst of success?
- What does it look like to finish well? What areas of your life do you need to repent and believe the gospel in order to finish the race running, as the Apostle Paul says, and not walking, limping, or completely disqualified?
- In John 19:30 Jesus said, “It is finished.” What does this mean and how can we find so much hope in Christ’s words as we try to finish well?