God's Loving Discipline | Hebrews 12:5-11
Aaron Gray | August 28, 2016
- When you face hardship, which of the wrong responses do you tend to fall into?
- What is the difference between discipline and punishment? Why is this understanding so important for the Christian?
- Where in your life do you seek comfort, convenience, and pleasure instead of “the peaceful fruit of righteousness”?
- “A Christian can sin, and so fall under the displeasure of their loving Father, but never under the wrath of the righteous judge.” Discuss this quote. Why is it so critical to talk about Jesus receiving God’s wrath in our place?
- What hardships are you facing right now? How might God want to use those to shape, correct, and grow you? How can your community pray for you and walk with you?
- Pray that God would help us to not waste our hardships but to grow through them.
- Pray that we would experience Christ’s love deeply even in the middle of hardship.
- Pray for opportunities to share Christ’s loving, wrath-absorbing, adopting gospel with non-Christians in your life.