Jesus and our Expectations | Mark 8:27-38
Matt Wallace | August 14, 2016
- Who do you say Jesus is? What expectations are associated with your answer(s)? How have those expectations changed during your time following Jesus?
- In what way(s) are you disappointed in Jesus? What do those disappointments expose about your hopes, desires, aspirations?
- In what ways does the humanity of Jesus offer you hope? Where within the ordinary, mundane, and common of your life have you lost sight of Jesus’ presence?
- How does your story follow the story: creation, fall, redemption, recreation?
- How does the suffering of Jesus free you to plead with and cry out to the Father? How have you experienced the presence, care, and power of Jesus in the midst of suffering?