Love | 1 John 4:7-12
Shane Patrick | December 18, 2016
- What surprised you, and what convicted you, in our study of the four foundations of biblical love that we considered this morning, and why?
- How does it impact you personally that the greatest commandment given to you in Scripture is to love (agape) God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength? In what way(s) is God asking you to grow in living out a response to this commandment?
- What’s the relationship between our love of God and our obedience to God? How is this relationship an encouragement to you, and in what ways does it cause you to struggle? How is God asking you to respond to the reality of this relationship between love of God and obedience to him?
- The fourth foundation of love we discussed was our love for others. What specifically is God commanding you to do in each area the Scriptures cover: one another, our neighbor, the stranger, and our enemies? Which ones are easiest for you, which are hardest for you, and why?
- Pray that individually and as a church, we would grow in our experience of God’s love, in our love for God, and in our love for others.
- Pray that the love we show one another as a church family would be a convincing witness of both God’s love and his offer of salvation through Jesus, for all who don’t yet know him in a saving way.