Hey Sound City families,
Each week our Kids Ministry gathers to learn and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. Over the next several weeks your child(ren) (3rd grade and younger) will be having a ton of fun as they learn from God's Word how to better know, love, and live for Jesus. Below is a breakdown of where we are going over the next four weeks.
Session 1 | July 8th, 2018
“Paul's Letter to Philemon” (Philemon 8-22)
- Paul offered to pay Onesimus’s debt. Jesus paid our debt so we can be forgiven and welcomed by God.
- Paul told Philemon and Onesimus to obey God. He paid Onesimus’s debt to make peace between Christians.
Session 2 | July 15th, 2018
“Paul Gave Hope” (1 Thessalonians 4:13–5:11)
- Believers live with hope because Jesus will return to save His people and judge the wicked.
- Paul wrote a letter about the Day of the Lord, a day when God would come to judge the world and save His people.
Session 3 | July 22nd, 2018
“Remember God's Truth” (Jude 3-4,17-25)
- Jude reminds us that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
- Jude warned Christians that some people would try to divide them by sinning and by teaching things that weren’t true.
Session 4 | July 29th, 2018
“While We Wait” (2 Peter 3:1-13)
- We look forward to the new heavens and a new earth when Jesus comes back.
- People thought the believers were foolish for thinking Jesus will return. God is patient, and Jesus will come again.
Big Picture Question: How do we live while waiting for Jesus to come back?
We follow Jesus and tell everyone about Him.
Help your child review and memorize this units key passage:
– 2 Timothy 3:16-17: “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”
Thank you for taking the time to review what your kids will be learning in church for the next several weeks. Our goal is to partner with you, the parents, in helping every child to know, love, and live for Jesus.
For God's glory,
The Kids Ministry Team