Sacrificial Love and the Community of Christ | Hebrews 13:1-3
Shane Patrick | September 18, 2016
- Discuss the meaning and application of, “Let brotherly love continue,” from Heb. 13:1 as it relates to the original audience of this letter, as it relates to our church, and as it relates to you personally.
- Discuss what surprised you about the nature of the “strangers” mentioned in v.2, and the “prisoners” and the “mistreated” in v.3? What difference does this make to your own sense of living out your faith in Jesus?
- What important evangelistic impact do theses verses have if they are primarily about Christians’ love for one another? What changes does this truth motivate in your own walk with Christ?
- Discuss the single most impactful thing you learned, or that God has convicted you about, from this passage/message, and what’s God asking you to do about it?
- Pray that God would help us to better live out the reality that being part of God’s family means sacrificially loving God’s people.
- Pray that our love for one another would increasingly motivate those who are not yet Christians toward Jesus and a saving relationship with him.