The Pool of Bethesda | John 5:1-18
Rabbi Matt Rosenberg | January 21, 2018
- How would you truly answer the question that Jesus asks in today’s passage: “do you really want to be well?”
- How does your “being a good person” actually inhibit relationship with God? How is God calling you to repent of your own sinful rebellion and moral pride?
- Jesus never broke God’s law. How is this incredible truth our source of hope, not only for salvation, but for growth in true holiness?
- How does the gospel of Jesus free us from the trap of moralism and dead religion?
- Praise and thank God that he saves us from our own: sinful rebellion, pride, and self-righteous religion.
- Pray that God would use us to show non-believers the gospel of Jesus, not just “how to be a good person.”