Who Is Your Father? | John 8:39-47
Aaron Gray | May 6, 2018
For better or for worse, our earthly fathers have an enormous impact on our lives. But Jesus came to show us the true heart of God the Father, and to make a way for our lives to be transformed eternally for the better.
- Share with your group a time when your father (or a father figure) did something that impacted your life in a positive way. How did that action point you to God?
- Share with your group a way that your father’s sin impacted you negatively. Note: share honestly, but be careful to not give place to ungracious speech.
- Why is it hard for our culture to believe in a personal embodiment of evil? Why do you think that we find that idea hard to swallow?
- How does knowing God’s fatherly heart transform your understanding of God, of yourself, and of the nature of love itself?
- Pray for your understanding of God to be shaped by his true heart as Father. Pray that we wouldn’t judge God by the shortcomings of our earthly fathers.
- Pray that God would help Sound City to embody the Father heart to others who don’t yet know Jesus.