Week 5 | We Believe in God and His Word
Shane Patrick | May 24, 2015
- Discuss with your group what comes to mind for you when you think about doctrine & theology? Discuss the ways the message today changed or affirmed your initial impressions.
- Talk about the ways our view of God changes our views on baptism, salvation, creation, and prayer. Discuss what part of that teaching most stood out to you and why?
- Discuss the three statements we used to define our basic Doctrine of God, and try and think about other reasons the truth of these statements matters to your life as a Christian. (a) God is three distinct persons, (b) Each person is fully God, and (c) There is one God.
- Look up the words orthodoxy and orthopraxy, then talk with your group about what the proper relationship between the two should be according to the Bible.
- Reflect on today’s message, and then share with your group the most impactful thing you’ve learned from our study today, and what God’s asking you to do about it.