Welcome to Redemption | Philippians 1:6
Miles Rohde | August 7, 2016
- What are some takeaways from this Sunday’s sermon that stood out to you?
- In Romans 3:23-25, Pastor Miles gave us what he called a “majestic picture” of the gospel. Why is understanding the “bad news” of our sin important in order to see the “good news” of Jesus Christ?
- In looking at the list of what it means to grow in “functional maturity," list a couple of areas in which you believe you need to grow. Why?
- Read Ephesians 4:11-14 again, and discuss whose responsibility it is in the equipping of the saints.
- Below is the poem Pastor Miles read to us, please read it again and discuss how each of us can fall into this mindset when it comes to serving. Follow up with talking about current areas within the church where we need more people to serve.
There’s a clever young guy named SOMEBODY ELSE,
There’s nothing this guy can’t do.
He is busy from morning till way late at night,
Just substituting for you.
You’re asked to do this or you’re asked to do that
And what is your ready reply?
Get SOMEBODY ELSE to do that job,
He’ll do it much better than I.
So much to do in this weary old world—
So much and workers so few,
And SOMEBODY ELSE, all weary and worn,
Is still substituting for you.