Gathered for Worship | Psalm 96:1-13
Aaron Gray | July 8, 2018
Being saved by God means being brought into a family. And part of what God's family does is gather together regularly to worship. For thousands of years, the Psalms have shaped the way that the people of God worship and praise him.
- Which elements of the worship gathering are easiest for you to connect with God? Which elements are more challenging? Why do you think that is the case?
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:26-33. Why does the worship gathering need structure and order? How can these guidelines be helpful and provide safety?
- Nobody naturally likes to confess sin, guilt, and need. In fact, many churches avoid this in their worship. Why is this such an important part of Christian worship?
- How does the worship gathering prepare your heart, mind, and hands for service and for mission? Why is the gathering not simply an end in itself?
- Pray that God would help you to engage in worship in a fresh way in the weeks and months ahead.
- Pray that God would use the worship gathering to help you engage in mission and service in fresh and exciting ways.