Joy | 1 Peter 1:3-9
Aaron Gray | December 11, 2016
- Do you see God as being full of joy? If not, why? If so, what has helped you?
- Where are you tempted to pursue ultimate joy outside of Jesus? How might your pursuit of joy go wrong and into sin? How can those in your community help you pursue joy in Jesus?
- “Sorrowful yet always rejoicing.” When it comes to experiencing the paradox of joy and grief, which side might you be tempted to avoid or miss? Why?
- How has God used trials and hardships in your life to turn you into the person that you are today? Share those experiences with others in your community.
- Pray that we would not be people who simply seek to avoid sadness, but that we experience the depths of God’s joy no matter the circumstances.
- Prayer project: do a bible search for words related to joy (joy, joyful, rejoice, etc.), and pray those passages of scripture directly back to God.
"Joy" by Page CXVI
Read more of Tifah's story about this arrangement here.