Week 4 | Our Daily Bread
Aaron Gray | August 23, 2015
- Do you agree that God is as concerned about physical needs as he is about spiritual ones? Why or why not?
- Share stories of God’s grace where he has provided for your practical needs.
- Where in your life are you tempted to focus more on the gift instead of the giver?
- Where in your life are you afraid to ask God for the things that you need?
- Read Deuteronomy 8:1-10. What does this passage say about God’s provision, God’s instruction, and our obedience?
- Pray God would give us a heart of gratitude for the blessings he has given to us.
- Pray for areas in your own life that you are in need. Focus on your own life and circumstances.
- Pray that God would provide resources, leaders, funds, and opportunities for Sound City Bible Church to proclaim the gospel.
- Pray that God would use each of us to bless and provide for those who are poor and needy, both physically and spiritually.
Q125. Which is the fourth petition?
A. “Give us this day our daily bread;” that is, be pleased to provide us with all things necessary for the body, that we may thereby acknowledge thee to be the only fountain of all good, and that neither our care nor industry, nor even thy gifts, can profit us without thy blessing; and therefore that we may withdraw our trust from all creatures, and place it alone in thee.
For Further Reading & Study
- Alone With God by John MacArthur, ch. 7
- The Prayer of the Lord by R.C. Sproul, ch. 4 & 5
- Growing in Christ by J.I. Packer, part 3, ch. 9
- The Lord and His Prayer by N.T. Wright, ch. 3