Why the Church? | 1 Peter 2:9-12
Aaron Gray | November 20, 2016
- Of all the descriptions/metaphors of the church in these verses, what stood out to you? What surprised you? What encouraged you most?
- How does the gospel help us avoid the trap of separating righteousness and justice?
- What areas of service and engagement have stirred your heart in recent weeks? Where is God calling you to engage?
- Pray that Sound City would be a both/and church: focused on both worship/theology/righteousness and engagement/service/justice.
- Pray that God would use you individually to share the gospel—both in word and deed!—with those in your life.
- Review the action steps from the previous four weeks and follow up with any that you missed.
- Talk with your community group about any Local Mission Initiatives that you want to engage in together.