Widows and Orphans | James 1:22-27
Aaron Gray | November 6, 2016
- How does James call us to act both vertically (toward God) and horizontally (toward others)?
- How does care for orphans and widows directly reflect the nature of the gospel?
- Why does James specifically speak of orphans and widows “in their affliction?” What is God calling you to do about this?
- Pray that God would open up opportunities for Sound City to love and serve these vulnerable people.
- Pray that non-Christians would see God’s love and care reflected in our lives and that they would be drawn to the gospel as a result.
- Get involved in foster care support.
- Attend the Foster Care Interest Meeting, Sunday 11/13/16 during the 11am service.
- Serve at a retirement community in your neighborhood.
- Talk with your community group about any Local Mission Initiatives that you want to engage in together.
For Further Study