Samson's Failure | Judges 16:1-22
Aaron Gray | June 25, 2017
- Reflect honestly on where you see yourself in the life of Samson? Why are we so often afraid or unwilling to look at our own sin, weakness, and brokenness?
- Why do you think we tend to view our sinful behavior as “freedom”? What is it about our fallen condition that causes us to end up enslaved?
- With regard to temptation, how can we acknowledge the pressure that comes from the world and the devil, while still helping one another fight against the flesh?
- What is your response to knowing that God’s love came to us when we were at our worst, and that his grace is greater than our sin? How does an honest look at the reality of our sin make you love Jesus and appreciate his grace all the more?
- Pray that God would give us as Christians the ability to look honestly at our sin and brokenness, but that it would lead us to praise God for his grace.
- Pray for opportunities to share God’s love with those people who don’t yet know Jesus and are still enslaved by sin and shame.