Abimelech, the Worst King | Judges 9:1-57
Aaron Gray | March 19, 2017
- What from the story of Abimelech was surprising, confusing, interesting, or helpful to you?
- What do you think of Andy Crouch’s idea that flourishing comes from being both strong and weak? Which one of the unhealthy quadrants (suffering, withdrawing, exploiting) do you find yourself in most often and why?
- How is Jesus the ultimate picture of both strength and weakness, of authority and vulnerability?
- How does the servant-leadership of Jesus heal your heart where there has been leadership wounds? How does it inspire you to lead better?
- Pray that we would all use our positions of authority to build up and love those whom we lead.
- Read Revelation 22:20 and pray that Jesus would return soon and fully establish his perfect kingdom here on earth.
For Additional Study