Samson's Revenge | Judges 15:1-20
Shane Patrick | June 18, 2017
- When has/does the desire for revenge creep into your heart? What are the subtle ways we have accepted vengeful responses in our daily lives?
- What does a vengeful response to life’s hurts communicate about our understanding of God, and/or our faith in him?
- How does cultural accommodation impact our ability to worship and obey God? Challenge: ask other Christ followers to honestly share with you where your own cultural accommodation might be impacting your discipleship to Christ.
- If Jesus is our model for how to respond when we are hurt and sinned against by others, what would that look like in your own life? What would have to change?
- Pray that God would help us as individuals and as a church to always trust our ultimate longings for revenge and justice to God.
- Pray that God would give us opportunities to share the love and salvation of our perfectly just and holy God who promises to right every wrong, heal every hurt, and to justly judge the enemies of God’s people.