Jesus Heals a Blind Man pt. 1 | John 9:1-12
Aaron Gray | May 20, 2018
When we suffer, our world shrinks and all we can focus on is the pain. Jesus willingly enters into our pain to bring us hope, redemption, and restoration, but he often does so in surprising ways.
- Who in your life has loved and served you well when you’ve encountered life’s pain and sufferings? Why is it important to invest in community before those pains come?
- Read Romans 8:18-25. What does this passage teach us about the reality of suffering in the world, our future hope, and our present comfort as Christians?
- Suffering shrinks our world so that the pain becomes our primary/entire focus. In whatever suffering you’re currently experiencing, how is Jesus inviting you to focus on him in the middle of the pain?
- How is Jesus asking you to be a support, comfort, and encouragement to somebody else who is currently suffering? What non-Christians in your life can you share Christ’s love with by entering into their pain?
- Pray for those in our church who are suffering. Pray that Jesus would be healing and restoration. Pray that they would deeply know the love of God even in their pain.
- Pray for opportunities to show God’s love and comfort to those who don’t yet know Jesus.