The Fourth Sign | John 6:1-15
Shane Patrick | February 11, 2018
- The signs, miracles, and claims of Jesus were done by Jesus in order to illicit a response. What is your response to signs and claims of Jesus’ divinity that we considered together today?
- Christians, in what ways do you view/live life with a ‘scarcity’ mindset, instead of living out of the surplus and abundance available to you in Christ? How is God asking you to think, believe, and respond differently, in all of life, in light of the abundance you have in Jesus?
- Relatedly, what circumstances in life cause you to forget the surplus of ‘every good thing’ (everything that truly matters) you have in Jesus (Consider: Ps. 23:1–6, 34:10, 84:11; 2 Cor. 4:17–18, Rom. 8:18–30; 1 Pet. 1:3–9). Discuss this with your group, and consider how you might pray for and encourage one another in this.
- Pray that each one of us would grow in living out of the abundance and surplus we have in Jesus, and that God would protect us from the enemy’s lies to the contrary.
- Pray that God would help us to remember and trust that trials and suffering in this life are not contrary to the abundant life he promises us (Jn. 10:9–10).
- Pray that those who don’t yet believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, for their eyes to be opened to salvation and the abundance of other promises available in him.