What Are You Thirsty For? | John 4:1-19
Aaron Gray | November 19, 2017
- Why do you think that Jesus passed through Samaria? What does this show us about Jesus’ mission, his identity, and his heart towards the various people groups of the world?
- Honestly evaluate your heart and share with your group: what other wells do you draw from instead of Jesus to satisfy your thirsts?
- How does the gospel of Jesus free us to have deep conversations with other people, even if we don’t know them particularly well? Who has God placed in your life that he wants you to go deeper with?
- Where do you struggle with shame? When you feel that shame of sin, which ditch are you more prone to head into: hiding or flaunting?
- Pray that God would remind us as Christians that we have a fountain of living water to drink from. Repent (specifically) for seeking to have your thirst quenched from other fountains.
- Ask God for the ability to see the barriers that separate you and others, and pray for the compassion and courage to move past those barriers to share the love of Jesus.
For Further Study
- Do You Know the 7 Differences between Galilee and Judea in the Time of Jesus? blog post by Justin Taylor.