A Mountain of Emotions | Hebrews 12:18-29
Aaron Gray | September 11, 2016
- Biblically speaking, what does a right “fear of the Lord” look like? What does it not look like? How can we help each other know and experience the right type?
- Do you experience the closeness with God that this passage says that we have? If not, what might be holding you back?
- Of the seven things listed in vs. 22-24 that we have “come to,” which one(s) stand out to you? Which one(s) do you have difficulty understanding? Which gives you the most joy?
- Things in our lives and in our world seem to constantly be shaking. How does knowing that we are part of a “kingdom that cannot be shaken” give you hope, confidence, and peace?
- Pray that God would help us as Christians to fear him in right way, to experience his joy, and to have confidence in his plans for the future.
- Pray for those who are not Christians, that they would come into a close relationship with the God that is described in these verses.
For Further Study
- Faithful Feelings by Matthew Eliot (book)