How to Obey God | Hebrews 12:12-17
Aaron Gray | September 4, 2016
- How is understanding the difference between indicatives (things that are true) and imperatives (instructions) critical in the life of a Christian?
- The gospel is an indicative. How can we Christians. sometimes mess up the gospel and turn it into an imperative?
- Of the three commands given for ourselves, which one(s) is God wanting to grow you in?
- Of the three commands given in regard to Christian community, which ones are you most uncomfortable to speak into? Which one(s) do you need help from your brothers and sisters in?
- Read 1 John 5:3. How does this truth help us to understand God’s heart for us in obedience?
- Pray that God would help us to more clearly understand the difference between the truth of the gospel and the commands that flow from the gospel.
- Pray that God would help us as Christians to more clearly explain this difference, particularly when we are speaking with non-Christians.