Maturity Matters | Hebrews 5:11-6:3
Shane Patrick | January 17, 2016
- Honestly self assess where you are today in your pursuit of Christian maturity. Are you a dull-of-hearing ‘milk drinker’ not desiring to grow, a godly ‘milk drinker’ actively seeking growth, or mature and fighting for more? Explain your answer.
- If someone else were to look at your commitments to common Christian disciplines like: bible study, prayer, fasting, giving, using your gifts to serve, living in biblical community, fleeing from known sin, committing to a local church, etc., would they determine you were someone who was fighting for maturity in Christ? Explain your answer.
- Regardless of where you are at in your pursuit of maturity in Christ now, prayerfully consider the one or two things you believe God would have you do to fight for maturity in him? If you struggle to think of any, are you willing to ask those more mature in their faith to help you?
- Pray for yourself and our church, that all would repent of any spiritual sluggishness, dullness of hearing.
- Ask for yourself and our church, that the Holy Spirit would empower and equip each one of us to with joy fight for maturity in Christ.
- Pray for yourself and our church, that each one of us would become diligent students of God’s Word and truths, for God’s glory and for our joy and maturity in him.