Progress or Perfection? | Hebrews 10:1-18
Aaron Gray | May 8, 2016
Note: we had an issue with our regular audio recording device, so this audio was captured from a backup device. We are sorry for the lower quality.
- How can we as disciples help one another pursue growth and change even though we know perfection will only come in eternity? How can we joyfully persevere and avoid discouragement?
- In your group, take some time to encourage one another. Share with others ways that you have seen God shaping and growing them. Share with others ways that God is shaping and growing you.
- Value #5 of Sound City is “progress, not perfection.” How can we help each other avoid the trap of perfectionism without minimizing or making excuses for our sin
- God’s ultimate goal is not just to transform us as individuals but for the whole world to be redeemed and restored. How does that truth challenge, encourage, and guide you as you follow Jesus?
- Pray that we, as disciples of Jesus, would grow to look more like him.
- Pray that we would be secure in our justification as we live out our sanctification.
- Pray that God would show our non-Christian friends and family that they can be saved on the basis of Jesus’ works and not their own.