Noah: Faith and Culture | Hebrews 11:7
Aaron Gray | June 26, 2016
- Share with your group a time where your faith was tested by opposition from others. How did you respond? Have you ever caved in? How has Jesus’ grace met you in your failure?
- When you consider the five views presented of the relationship between Christ and culture, what do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of each? How can each of these views help us as we follow Jesus?
- What are ways that we can help each other remain faithful to Jesus even when we face opposition?
- Read 2 Peter 3:1-13. What is the connection between the flood of Noah and the return of Jesus? Why is “waiting” a part of both (hint: vs. 9)? How does this idea help us while we wait for Jesus’ appearing?
- Pray that all followers of Jesus would remain faithful to him no matter what opposition may come.
- Pray for those who do not yet know Jesus, that they would respond to his patient and loving word of salvation and grace.
For Further Study
- "Christ and Culture" book by H. Richard Niebuhr
- "Christ and Culture" book summary blog post by Trevin Wax
- "Christ and Culture Revisited" book by D.A. Carson
- "Christ and Culture Revisited" book summary blog post by Trevin Wax
- "Three Ways Our Culture Is Different From Every Other Culture in History" blog post by Gavin Ortlund
- "Counter Culture for the Common Good" sermon by Tim Keller
- Keller, Piper, and Carson video blog: Staying the Course in a Changing Culture