Exposed | Hebrews 4:11-13
Shane Patrick | November 29, 2015
- What does it mean that God’s Word and its wounds are intended to result in our rest? Is that a comfort to you? Why or why not?
- What are some of the heart and character attributes used by Scripture to describe (1) those who will enter God’s rest, and (2) those who won’t enter God’s rest? Are these lists a comfort to you? Why or why not?
- How does the truth of Coram Deo‚—that we live always and ever exposed before the face of God—change the way you think about how you live out your faith in Jesus? Is Coram Deo a scary thought or an encouraging one? Explain your answer.
- What does your current reading, studying, and meditating on God’s good, yet piercing, Word look like? In light of Psalm 1:1–3, what should it look like, and what is God asking you to do differently?
- Are there truths in God’s Word with which you know he is trying to ‘faithfully wound’ you, but you aren’t willing to submit to the authority of his Word? If so, share and explain your answer to your group.