Warning: Fear God! | Hebrews 10:26-31
Aaron Gray | May 22, 2016
- Discuss the relationship between God’s holiness, righteousness, justice, and wrath. Are these attributes in conflict with God’s love and grace? Where do we see their harmony most clearly?
- How is God’s wrath actually a good thing? As Christians, what is our relationship to the wrath of God?
- What does it mean for a Christian to fear God? How can this idea be distorted or misunderstood?
- As Christians, how can we lovingly and graciously share the gospel with non-Christians without shying away from topics like wrath, judgement, and the fear of the Lord?
- Pray that we, as disciples of Jesus, would have a right and proper fear of the Lord.
- Pray for those with a sensitive conscience, that they would have confidence that Jesus took their punishment and there is no wrath left for them.
- Pray for those who are not Christians, that they would take seriously the call to receive grace and mercy from Jesus.